View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #28
dillonv2008

Re: 1946 chevy truck build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermitt47 View Post
Hi, I am going down a similar route so this thread is interesting. If you wanted to make the side view equal length then the top bar would have to be longer than the bottom bar? Is there an acceptable ratio to aim for or is it just to keep the pinion change to a minimum over the suspension travel?

from what ive read about the lower and upper bar lengths is you want the upper bar to be about 70-80% of the lower bar length from a side view. dont just cut the bars and make it shorter. its all from a side view. so in my drawing I did the lower bars are parallel to ground and example 30" long center of axle to end of bar link. so my upper bars need to be in the 70-80% range. but the upper links are going to be at an angle so cutting them to early before measuring like I did will make them possibly under that 70-80 range. you have to consider the angle they will be at in your measurments forgetting them in that 70-80 range. so in the example if lowers where 30" center axle to end link. 30-25%= 22.5 but they will be at an angle so you have to add for that angle in your measurments.so the bars them self might really be 25" but with 30* angle or whatever it will from a side view be 22.5 which is 75% of the length of lower bars .. ?? get it kinda I might of made it more confusing haha
dillonv2008 is offline   Reply With Quote