Thread: over flow tank
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: over flow tank

Yes mine is several inches away from the radiator support because it’s mounted to the electric fan attaching hardware. Also my washer bottle was too close to squeeze it in. If I didn’t have those items in the way it could be mounted directly to the radiator support. It’s very easy to install, having T-bolts that slide up and down in the extruded slot. This provides very flexible mounting adjustment.

Here’s what the mounting looks like in my truck. First is a side shot. The upper and lower attaching nuts can be seen to the left of the tank. I formed hard lines for both the inlet and outlet:

This is looking straight down from the top. The upper attaching nut can be seen near the center of the photo:

This close up almost shows the mounting slot, and the lower nut can be seen somewhat blurry directly below the upper nut:

And I remembered wrong about the mounting bolts. They aren’t T-bolts, they’re standard 1/4x20 bolts so you can use whatever length best fits your application. Here’s a rather crappy shot of the slot showing the upper bolt:

And now that you've pointed it out, it would look a lot better tucked in up against the radiator support. With the inner fenders out of the way I think I'll move the washer bottle over and move it next to the radiator. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by markeb01; 08-31-2012 at 12:48 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote