View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #75
PAWS 72

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Thursday I headed up to northern MN for some work. Along the way I passes this old Willys and had to get a closer look. Its just south of St Cloud on Hwy 15. 1963 CJ3B

Then further up the road north of Long Prairie along Hwy 71 I saw this out of the corner of my eye. Not sure if it's an original camper model that was rebuilt or just a flat bed or extended wb truck that they built the camper body for.

Not far north of that is the town of Clarissa, where Dans Snowmobile and ATV Salvage is located. I was gonna post a link for their site but google flashed a warning that it may be infected, so open at your own risk.

I showed a tractor junkyard before, why not sleds? I know where a motorcycle junkyard is also.

That was it for the first day. I stopped in Wadena, met up with a board member that lives in the area. We tried out a new (to us) beer I picked up at a liquor store along the way. Turns out it's from Cold Spring Brewery and I got the Olde Johnny Ale. Mike is from there and told me all their family reunions, and other events always had a keg or more from Cold Spring Brewery because it was local and that's where he grew up.
http://coldspringbrewery.com/products/beers#

After that we took his all original C-20 big block truck to Perham for dinner here...
http://www.brewperham.com/

24 beers on tap (I only tried 2) and pretty good food. Mike got to try poutine for the first time. Then we stopped on the way back to his place to look at a 69 Chevy C-10 in a used car lot. Typical farm truck, no options, but fairly solid, at least from what we saw in the dark.

The next morning it's time to hit the road north again for that days work. I was in Menahga, and once I left the plant I spotted this in a driveway...

I knocked on the door and met a nice couple that bought it new in 1972. We talked about it for a while, I showed them pics of mine. I said I'd offer to buy it if they were ever to sell it but that I didn't have the money or space. They said they would never sell it anyway. And I was happy to hear it. The lady said it was her wheels and there was no way they were gonna get rid of it. They were staying in this place as a rental because their house burned down in a forest fire this spring a few miles out of town. The Jimmy was one of the few things that was spared from damage.

So continuing north, through Park Rapids and not too far north of there is this cool old wrecker. Just parked by a trail into the woods, no for sale signs, been there a while.

These next pics are for anyone that has ever been around the Mississippi River and are used to seeing the big muddy water rolling under huge bridges and seeing it swell it's banks.

This is about a half mile or so from the very start of the river...

I would like to follow the river to the very end some day. I've followed it as far south as St Louis so far.
Love the Jimmy,wrecker and the motor home. So from what I understand that little stream is the beginning of the Mississippi River?hehehe
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote