View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #1261
Wildcard

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

I live in Clarkston Wa, and Wife and I made a trip to Moses Lake Wa (160miles) today to get a complete great condition Cab for our 67 chevy took the drive on and off tilt deck snowmobile trailer and Lynn owner had a sweet new smaller tractor He had the cab lifted up on the forks and tilted back ready for us so I could see under the cab, All cab supports are all Rust Free and only a small few rust thru holes on the RH side kickpanel to floor Was really impressed.

It had the original owners manual and factory inspection sheet in the jockey box him and I both found all guage cluster there, stock radio in the dash, ignition switch w/key in the dash, Jockbox insert intack, complete cig lighter, descent seat windshield descent, had all good condition cab mounts and all hardward bolts intact good condition floormat not going to use cause my truck has good carpet but was just neat, all heater box there etc.. I told him I was using this cab for a Jig type foundation so I can chop the top on this cab and doors and fix any rust if it had any and I have almost No rust to repair so I could again chop the top and get all prepped and ready on body work, glass and rubbers fit, all custom work done to this cab with out having to teardown or fix all the rust on my truck cab.

I went to pull and save in Spokane and they and spalding auto parts wanted $250 for a top and $50 each for doors so I could have the extra parts to chop the cab on my truck now, Wow way to much money. I got this cab and he thru in an extra set of doors and a top he had already cut off a truck he scrapped and a few more goodies All for $250 and I don`t have to touch my truck now I can keep it intact and get the running gear in tact and improve driveability and everything there mocked up and tested before it comes time to tear it down and shorten the frame and the LWB I and going to shorting the longbox down to a SWB now paying the money for a shortbox kit I`ll do it my self I have extensive Fabrication skills

Cant wait to get the cab stripped down blasted and go from there.

Got all my CPP shock relocation brackets in today and going to order ubolts and drop blocks to bring the back down a couple more inchs.

Wildcard

Last edited by Wildcard; 10-26-2014 at 12:19 AM.