View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 01:11 AM   #9
mr48chev

Re: What Do You Guys Do For Alarms?

That might keep the joy riding amateur from taking it but if a pro auto thief has it on his list it will get snagged with a repo rig cover and all. Then moved far enough that it can be tucked into an enclosed trailer and gone.

I'm not a fan of bagged rigs and think the laid out on the ground look is one of the silliest fads that car folks ever had stuck on them but laid out with an empty pressure tank and a hidden kill switch for the compressor would keep all but the the most creative amateurs from having success. They might get in, get around the ignition and get it started but if it won't raise up it isn't going to drive anywhere.

I still like a locating system and that could be as simple as your scratched up slightly outdated smart phone that has GPS locating on it being run on the family plan for pocket change a month and hidden in the car with it's own auxillary battery hooked up to the charging system through a diode so it doesn't feed back to the electrical system if the rigs main battery is disconnected and narc it's self out.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote