View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
mr48chev

Re: Who wants to play; Find the problem?

Pull the hose off the modulator and see if there is fluid showing. There shouldn't be any. For once every piece of advice you got is good advice with no wags thrown in. I'd go along with BobinBC and check the easy stuff first and along with checking the modulator change the fuel fiter (s) .

On the fuel and fuel filter thing I am picky as all get out as to what stations I buy gas at. I usually go to a local newer high volume station or Costco and try to never go to those old used to be a gas station now are a mini mart stations. If you stopped at a station that might not keep their tanks clean and water free that might be part of the issue.

Do the simple things and only make one change at a time. Guys all too often try to make several changes at once tracing a problem and never do figure out the problem. The "it's got a miss so I'll go buy this, that and those other things and change all of them hoping I fixed it." syndrome.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote