Thread: HRSaR
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
McMurphy

Re: HRSaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Awesome Vision!!!
Looking forward to watching this one too!!!
Thanks Don !
I would like to see this one stay and sell as close to period correct as possible.
Too many guys already have said they would cut the boom off and just flat bed this rig.
I personally like the way it is set up, just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Deluxe wheel, in dash tach. Tow truck to boot.

Score!!!!!

Know what you're talking about wifeys One Project At A Time thing.
Tow Trucks so clean it won't take nothing to get it all spit shined and haulin.
I dont really think she would ditch me over it, but she is right about the Stepside. Given its state of assembly, I really do need to finish it up before turning my attention and $$$$ to this new addition to the McMurphy Fleet of Classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
koooool rig murph... fun fun fun
thanks Clem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Very COOL!! Tuned in for the progress!! I know you said it will be a while, but I'm here
Thanks for taking a look Alan!
I know you always have a full plate too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
It's good to see some more pics of your most recent acquisition.

That tach sure doies look original, but I have not seen an original that went to 8K

The suffix code stamped on the pad in front of the passenger side head will tel you what the engine is. That harmonic balancer is not typical of the early 327, let alone a 283, of the lower HP ratings.

I'm really curious to see some pics of the auxiliary trans.
I am going to be doing some work on it today.
I will make every effort to look for that stamp, as well as get some detailed photos from the underside for you guys.
There are a couple of pretty awesome transmission shops here in Fairbanks, I will get in and get them to look at it so hopefully someone can tell me exactly what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
I'm in for the ride
I have not forgotten your questions about this rig Jeff, hopefully in the next few pages of this build I can answer them all for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I don’t know which is more impressive, the rig or the story that came with it. And even a set of early Cal Custom valve covers! I don’t know anything about summers in Alaska, but that front plate sure doesn’t seem like it would allow much air into the radiator. But it apparently served well, there doesn’t appear to be a ding in it. Amazing how clean the dash is for a working truck. I’ve seen fire vehicles with holes drilled all over.

Thanks for sharing all the details and photos.
This summer up here was amongst the warmest in recorded history, it got up to 90* for a week. People thought they were going to die....LoL
So imagine how we are faring, we come from here when it was cooling off (mid to high 70s in July) to the typical NE Washington mid to high 90s for a month; then back here where the high for the days have been in the high 50s-low 60s.....
Meh.
On the one hand I dont like how that moose killer bumper chokes the radiator, but on the other, the original grille is in pristene shape !! Other than the oxidized white paint, you would think it was fresh from the factory.

Like I said, the OO babied this truck and you can see the fruits of that.
The original seat, though faded, does not even have a split seam in it.

I think I will go out and actually do a video tour of the truck like I did those rigs from the car show.
I believe you guys will get a better understanding of just how well preserved this truck is that way.....

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote