View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #20
ryans69chevy

Re: Project High School Reunion

That grill looks purdy... I've heard about those sct sanders that Eastwood sells, but have never seen them in action (besides their website). Just curious if they are worth the money. I checked into them awhile ago and the price was kinda high I thought and then you need different attachments and all that. Just haven't been sold on it yet.

What I've found works the best (if you don't have air) is an angle grinder with the paint stripping discs that look similar to a sponge I suppose. Not sure what your method of paint stripping was before you bought the SCT sander, but would it be worth getting one if the paint stripping discs work pretty good? You said you did your hood in an hour and a half. Was that both sides? I can't say for sure, but I believe I could probably strip the top of the hood in that time with my method. If you did both sides in that time, that's pretty impressive! I still have a lot of panels to paint strip... wondering if this sander is the ticket.

What would be a ball park figure for the tool and the attachments I would need to take all the paint off to bare metal? What other uses does this tool serve?

Thanks
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote