View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:42 PM   #30
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

I had to powerwash the cab again after taking the tank out, it was full of squirrel mess.

IMG_7377 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I forgot what a real pain in the butt getting the dash out is, so many things attach. I got it out, and the windshield regulator too. needs rebuilt of course, I will probably just do the exchange this time. I repaired the one on fenix but it still needs some help going in and out.

IMG_7378 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got the sheetmetal brake bolted down and tested a 28" piece of 20 gauge. works just fine!

IMG_7373 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7375 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

heres a new one. when a got the truck I knew that 95+ trucks with a 4.3 and a 5 spd have 8.5 rear axles. but this truck doesnt. I didnt think about it much till today, I wanted to take the mismatched tires off and put on my roller set. the back wheels will not budge, not even a mm. I have tried heat and wedges.

IMG_7380 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_7382 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

nothing. looking at the axle it is missing the weighted collar at the pinion that most trucks have, and it looks to be a series 2 carrier. what I THINK has happened is the guy replaced the axle with an 82-94 axle. between 1st gen and 2nd gen s10 they changed the centerbore, the 1st gen was slightly slightly larger. second gen wheels dont fit unless you open the centers a tiny fraction. well, someone just pounded these on I guess. I will take any suggestions on getting them off.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote