View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #250
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Now that both lower arms were in place and torqued down (with the exception of the lower ball joints). I now had to see how the air bags were going to line up. It was poor at best, so I pulled the upper plates, removed the bags, reinstalled the plates with two bolts, set the bag in place and jacked the lower arm to ride height. I then centered the bag in the lower control arm pocket between the sides of the pocket. Once that was done I drew a circle on the upper plate and lower control arm showing where it now needed to be. (Love silver Sharpies). Then the plate came back out to be redrilled and the bag mounted. Before putting that assembly back in the cross member I lined up the lower cup centering rings in the lower control arm pockets and welded them into position. (Photo 2)
My before photos of the bags didn't turn out to be usable (too much coffee I guess). But here photo 1 shows the final location. You can see how close the sway bar is to the bag as it hasn't been moved forward yet.
It is a tight fit with the SS7 bags but they claim to keep their shape. I have ordered a set of them for the rear so I will have one bag for all four corners. And plenty of load capacity. One of the rears is showing some separation of the rubber on the very top.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote