View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 12:44 AM   #55
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

little scrounging today, will maybe help someone. The first is a driveshaft trick, I usually have the driveshaft shortened at ITP but their prices have been creeping up. I dont mind a cost of living adjustment but over two years its gone up 15% each year, so 138 bucks now when it used to be right around 100. On the last truck I moved the motor back 9.5" and a colorado driveshaft was right at 54". but it just BARELY fit. so I wanted to find one more in the 53 or even 52 range. first gen s10 are 53, but the thought of a 30 year old driveshaft didnt really make me excited so I started looking for a late model replacement, and I found one. turns out a 2wd 2002+ trailblazer has a 52" aluminum driveshaft, I hopped over to the local chevy salvage and they had 6 on the shelf, my choice, $50. I cant check the fit though because...

I took the springs out today, I didnt get a picture but if I had one it would need those black censor bars because I cursed almost the whole time. what a futhermocker those rusty u bolts were, and some mensa candidate put the drivers perch bolt in from the gas tank side. %^$&*^##
I got them out and dropped at atlas for dearching, 4 inches. he said maybe monday, so that give me the weekend to fart with the front springs and shocks, ceiling wax, and other fancy stuff.

then tonight I answered an ad for a guy who was dying to give a caravan third row seat away for about any offer. I offered 10 bucks and he gave me the seat and the two middle row buckets, all with integral seat belts and really nice. be a shame to recover them but I am gonna. might even do it myself!
IMG_7658 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote