View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Hard Starting Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudzupatch View Post
This is not going to help but I noticed you location. I live in Alabama so temps in the 20's are not very common. My 93 Suburban always starts perfectly. Never failed to fire right up.

We drove to Michigan a couple of years ago to do a show. Parked it in parking garage of the condo we rented left it overnight. Next morning temps were in the low teens, I think around 12 degrees. It did the same exact thing you described. It turned over and over and never even sputtered. Scared me because it always fired right up. Second time it fired right off and ran perfect.

No problems after that but it warmed up a lot after that and never had another problem. Makes me wonder if temp has something to do with it?
Thanks for the reply. The cold may have something to do with the way this Burb is acting but I drove a 1994 Burb with the same TBI etc. for 6 yearscand evn when the temp was in the minus 20's F it'd start after4/5 seconds. Right now I have another Burb a 1993 agin TBI etc and it starts right away in the cold. I gotta feeling that coolant sensor thing or Idle Air Control is probably the culprit.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote