Thread: My 67 c20 build
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
ABHaulR

My 67 c20 build

So this truck started out as a c20, It was my dads. I grew up going camping/hunting in this truck. Years later when my parents were moving they had no place to store this truck. It had been a non runner for several years. So after I got it, I converted it to 4wd. That's been 14 yrs ago. Times have changed and im getting older and would like something to cruise and take to the car shows. So my plans for the truck are to make it a short bed, air ride susp, build an old skool sbc(383). No full on custom, just a fun, nice looking hot rod to cruise. so far, I have torn the truck down to the bare frame. Shortened the bed and frame. Located a crossmember from a 76 c10. torn the crossmember down. Notched the crossmember 2.5" to lower the front with 2.5" drop spindles. the rear ive been making patterns for the c-notch and 4 link setup. going to make the plates for the bag install on the front. One of my questions for those that have experience in lowering these trucks. I would like to run 20's and lay frame. Is my front combo heading in the right direction? For my rear c-notch, im getting numbers in the 7" from the top of the frame or 11.5 from the bottom of the frame to the bottom side of my c-notch. with frame on the ground that leaves 1/2" from the top of axle housing to bottom of the c-notch. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. im open to extra eyes and minds. if im missing something, point it out. Thanks Dwayne
Attached Images

ABHaulR is offline   Reply With Quote