View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
AnobleL74

Re: 66 SWB handling/steering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
Can you post a picture of the centerlink for us, please?

What are the alignment specs? Like PGSigns alluded to it sounds like you may not have much caster and that will give you a sense of wandering and lack of any resistance in the steering leading to no confidence in steering.

What can you tell us about the power steering pump? is it a retrofit? Picture? Newer model pumps have different valving in them giving them more pressure and flow and this can also cause symptoms you are describing.

Your bouncing issue is probably going to be easily corrected with different shocks or "shock relocation kits" found on our vendor board. Quality shocks will make a large difference.
for some reason I have never been allowed to post, pictures, could not figure it out. the alignment is stock as far as I know, the car goes down the road straight as an arrow, and does not wander at all. it just is hyper sensitive and the steering response is very aggressive with only tiny movement on wheel. the power steering pump is tuff stuff that come on my March pulley set up. I have new KY shocks, will try pictures again , thanks Allan
AnobleL74 is offline   Reply With Quote