View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 02:57 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: brake caliper slide pin alignment trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

Anybody else here have to grind on either the caliper bracket, the caliper or both to make the slide pins line up with their resting spot on the outboard caliper ear, top and bottom?

Went to re-seal my existing calipers and found the cylinder walls pitted on both. Bought two new at local store. Passenger went on fine but driver doesn't.

I'm running ECE drop spindles and stock 72-87 rotors/calipers. If I wedge a crow bar in there, I can twist things into place but at that point the caliper is rigidly mounted and will not float on the pins.

I purchased a second "new" caliper from a different parts house and it has the same alignment issue.

Found an old thread here where a member did do some grinding...just curious if this is a common issue.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=568682

Thanks,

-Kevin
Let's use sone common sense reasoning here.. If the original caliper fit the spindle as it should, it stands to reason any proper replacement caliper should also fit. No grinding should be necessary. Use another supplier for the caliper source.. If you grind on the spindle, you'll be permanently damaging it and nothing will fit.
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote