View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #6
BILT4ME

Re: WTH: Parts ID Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's Want To Have, in case you were wondering. I have a few things, maybe quite a few, I'm not sure exactly what they are. It seems I only retail the more current info I need to know and let older things drop off. I have had this stuff forever. I have two 3spd/transfer case combos w/fr driveshaft, transfer case shifters, a couple small blocks, a slew of driveshafts, and I'm sure more. It has come to the time I am sincerely going to get rid of basically everything I won't be needing for what I have now. None of this, "But I'd still like to build a xxx or use it one a xxx one day". I have trees to take down, a building that houses a lot of this stuff that needs about a rebuild, and a building to construct before I get rid of this place and the sooner the better.

So I thought this could be a fun thread as well as helping me gather info. A sort of mind exercise thing for use intellectual types . And here we go...

This is a Rockwell transfer case. I haven't gotten anything off the tag yet. I thought if anyone recognized the transmission or other things it would answer what it came out of.
Attachment 1796745

This I know is a 3spd/Dana20 with dbl cardon joint, so Blazer is what I'd think
Attachment 1796746

What about this t-case shifter?

The top pic is from a 67-68 K something with what appears have been a six Cylinder based on the bell housing. The 67-68 Rockwell T221 T-Cases had the shifter on the left side as that is.

66 and prior 221's were divorced.

The later model t-case shifter shown further down is from circa 1979 Chevy Silverado with auto (full time) hubs. My uncle had one just like it.

The casting numbers on the engine blocks will tell the tale. If the older one ends in 0010 it will be a 350 4-bolt main 1970. Casting number on left top side of bell housing mount at the end of the left head.