View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Do you grill in winter

Did someone ask if I eat in the winter? If I'm not eating grilled food at least once a week I'm not eating. That charcoal has no problem making up for the 100 degree range in temp we experience in four seasons. Rain? Snow? Wind? Sleet? That's when I roll the 18"er up under the portico. The NW wind cuts right through that corner of the house, but I can duck back just enough (usually) to stay out of the blasting wind.
Such as last night, with this zero degree air blowing in out of Alberta that began yesterday afternoon. I wanted to do some Buffalo Wings and didn't get out to the store to replenish the olive oil. So I grilled them before baking in the sauce in the oven, rather than fry. It's healthier, right? If it was good enough for cave people it's good enough for me! The best part was, the woodstove had so many coals built up they were tumbling out the door. So I harvested some in the ash bucket, dumped in the grille, and threw the wings on instantly. As convenient as a microwave!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-21-2019 at 08:55 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote