View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
silvertip67

Re: uni vs. standard points?

OK...you are saying the HEI unit will fit the k-20...thats really all that matters...a short stubby to remove the cap is no problem...

my main concern is that the 67 is def different than the 69-72...dont know for sure on the 68...they moved the motor forward( making more clearance for the distributor) and also increased the height of the hood(not that its the issue here)

I like to play the radio with the key on and some here have said the petronix isnt good for that...but it is a better fit???

LMC sells the whole kit and kaboodle for 200 bucks...(HEI) this is probably what I will end up going with...my distributor is shot...and wont advance...plus I am tired of the 1/8" allen all the time to adjust the points ( I mean all the time) the biscuit is done plus there is some wear on the Distributor overall...time for a change...

I am not so concerned about being stock, just want the truck to run good...and the possibility of getting some better gas mileage is for sure a plus...

by the way...I dont speak the code so well, but I am learning...all the acronyms?? not all of us have all the stuff taken for granted by many front and center in their brains...

thanks as always for the remarks and help...and please bear with...t

'55 Chevrolet 3100 w/ 235 il6(Powermaster)
'63 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 250 il6
'65 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 283 V8

Last edited by silvertip67; 10-06-2013 at 06:51 PM.
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote