View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #197
Blackfyre77

Re: Rarest Paint Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Blackfyre, 560 is factory "Custom Two Tone" code that gives you code 527 Dark Gold Poly as the secondary (roof) and code 526 Med Gold Poly as the primary color (body).

Code 561 is the opposite with the Med Gold Poly on the roof, Dark Gold Poly on the body.

527 is a 1970 only color, so, in that respect, it's kinda rare. The Custom Two Tones were not that common, so the combo is even nicer to have (in my opinion). 526 was held over through 1972, but not available in the Custom Two Tone configuration (and it may have been a GMC-only color, but don't quote me on that). Although there have been a couple 560/561 paint trucks popping up on CL in the past 6 months or so, they are far from commonplace.

Btw, per your SPID, your truck was originally a 2WD truck.
Yes, it was a 2wd, i bought the body from a junk yard, and put it on the 4wd chassis, it is year correct, just not 4wd. Which really doesnt matter to me, my 4wd body was rotted beyond saving and the 2wd body was just that, no frame at all, i got that body for $750. I couldnt complain. At least it all got a second chance at life, the vin tag was missing off the original body and the glove box door had been changed, or i would have kept it the way it came factory, as that WAS the original 4wd cab (it still had the 4wd shift pattern sticker on the roof). It doesnt matter to me, it is a toy for the sand dunes, not an investment. Its not at all stock, its a 70, 6 in. Skyjacker lift, 400sb with around 450hp 465lbft, th400 with 2000stall manual shift valve body, np205 case, fully locked 12bolt rear, dana44 front with yukon4140 chromoly front axle shafts. If i dump the gas from a stop it will spin those 35in. Tires all the way through first gear (not something i do often, tires arent cheap). Originally the truck was a 250i6, 4speed sm465, np205, 12bolt rear, dana 44 front. Medium blue body and interior. But i like the gold 2tone metallic... its just a toy. Thank you for the paint info though, it wa s interesting.

Last edited by Blackfyre77; 09-16-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a thought
Blackfyre77 is offline   Reply With Quote