View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #328
HO455
Post Whore

Talking Re: Working Man's Burbon

Got the old engine out and the new unit in place. A couple photos for the record. The arrival of the engine. Draining of the oil. Notice the metallic flecks on the surface. After removing the pulleys from the balancer found the rubber was out of position possibly from all the heavy hammer blows it was given during its installation. REALLY A HAMMER!!! (I heated the new up to 180 degrees and it stucked it into place with the bolt.) I decided to leave it on the core and get a new one and a new timing cover. In addition I found the valve covers had the lip that holds the gasket in place had been ground off so now there is no rigidity to the gasket surface. I threw them on to keep the dirt out for now. Looks like I will have all new sheet metal on this engine. I had already installed a new Milodon oil pan. In other news one of the motor mount bolts was cross threaded and so the passenger side mount wasn't tight against the stand. Still waiting on a new radiator to arrive and some more time away from the salt mine to finish the odds and ends.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote