View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #11
rainamy

Re: 1973 - 1974 GMC tailgate question & what's it worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1774btcrew View Post
I would leave this tailgate complete. Anyone specifically looking for a 73-74 GMC tailgate would in most cases need everything and not want to have to hunt up the other parts as they can be hard to find separately. The GMC letters are held in with barrel clips due to not being able to get to the backside for a nut. Ford was better known for using these but GM did use them in a few situations. These are a good choice if you are painting a truck and don't want to remove the fenders to reinstall the emblems to put nuts on
Sounds like a tough time stripping it down safely at any rate. That combined with all the rest makes me think kwe ping it together is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Keep it together for sure. I had a plain 73/74 GMC gate with no rust. Not original paint, though. It had ugly blue & silver 2-tone I considered stripping to help sell it. It took a while to sell. Most people didn't appreciate what it was, or there aren't that many with those trucks around here. I didn't get any extra for rarity. Just went with going rate of a good rust free tailgate. With yours, though, the letters are super rare and if you have the time, you should put a decent price on it.
Any thoughts on what they are worth or would go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakenit View Post
Looks familar.
Looks pretty darn close, wiildnt surprise me if the two trucks rolled off the line at a similar time... did you sell the band off yours? If you did sell anything, what kind of price did you get?
rainamy is offline   Reply With Quote