View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #3787
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Up early, then headed out to Romford in Essex in Prozac.

Was headed to see SawdustSteve and wife Jenny to visit, see their cats, chickens and a new Spanish refugee....

Oh and I got to pick up a full load of cut pallets from Steve for my fire place.

More importantly it was great seeing good people again.

Refugee.

Looks a lot less than it is, and the rear sunk a bit.....

No action photos.

The van that can.

At about 11.15 I left Steve’s place and headed over to Henry’s place 15 minutes away.

Of course usually it is him visiting me and doing wiring etc.

Today it was my turn, no work done, just got to play with his best mate, a Siamese cat and try take in everything in his garage and shop.

He has bought himself a Project, and his wife loves it, NOT 😁

1990 Porsche 944 S 2

A former Press Car.

Bought running and on the road, it did not take Henry long to start fixing and upgrading, a lot.

But of course if you see things like the Oil cooler......

And some of the muck that came out of the feeding duct, you will understand why he went down the slippery route of getting things right.

So soon it was Hubs, brakes, suspension, brake lines....

Calipers

Before....

After.

Upgraded, rebuilt shocks.

Everything has been, and continues to be touched with Henry’s magic wand where perfection is the only way.

It did not take long to go past 2.00pm with us talking shop, cars, bikes, vintage bench vices and everything inbetween.

So I needed to get home to work on the Blazer too, before dark, so coffee, biccies etc and then eventually homeward.

Another great day.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote