View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
mick53

53 3100 suspension

I have a 53 3100 stock suspension. I have put well over 100 k miles on it since I bought it in 1980. I'm doing a frame off restoration. I really want to keep my leaf springs and straight front axle. For the rear I have a Frankland quick change rear end with Gleason locker and Bicknell Adj. torque arm with associated hardware and cross member. Wilwood 12.88" 4 piston disk brakes. Shock relocation kit and upgraded shackles. Rear sway bar. I plan on a 4" drop leaf springs. On the front I have new stock leaf springs, front sway bar, 2" drop spindles and Wilwood 12.88" 6 piston disk brakes. I plan to run a 2" drop axle. I have EPAS electric power steering. Some have told me to throw away everything including my chassis and get aftermarket. I'm running a blown 292 in about the 450 hp range, not huge by today's standards. I see no IFS front ends without rack and pinion and have no room for a pump and don't want one. although my truck is not stock I wanted to keep my chassis and straight axle. I will not be road racing and may stop at the local drag strip just for fun. Some say I will die but I'm pretty old anyway. Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. Please keep the name calling to a minimum unless you have something new. Sorry for the long post just wanted to get all my info on here. Thank you.
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote