View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #2179
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptc View Post
If you are talking about this part?

http://www.classicparts.com/1941-56-.../#.WajYxsiGOUk

Yes I just put them in on mine. The easiest way i found is to lay the trim ring on its face and start with one end of the rubber at the bottom. And make sure the open slit on the rubber is facing the ring. the slit goes into the rim circle where the headlight sits. Run the rubber around the whole circle until it meets at the bottom and trim it to proper length. The rubber and the metal insert. Then use some clear silicone and run it around the circle of the ring and push the slit onto the ring and use some tape to hold it in place for about and hour and it will be dry. Then just push it on over the headlight and install the three screws.... worked well on mine. Dont know why Classic doesnt have a video for it, they have one for the older trucks.
Yeah, that's the part I was talking about. Michael got it to fit on the headlight trim ring, no problem. But then when he tried to put the ring over the headlight it wouldn't go without forcing it HARD and he was afraid when (if) it did start going over the headlight he would chip my new paint....so he asked me about it and I told him not to risk it. Leave them off. The truck didn't have them when I took it apart. I suspect few of these trucks have them in place after 60 years.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote