View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #2835
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
X2 on that color blue, It would go good with a white on a two tone truck. Alan do you have the paint # handy? The digital gauges would look real nice, is that in the works for your truck maybe? Thanx...Vernski
Thanks Vern the paint code is CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
I installed some Dakota Digital gauges in a 55 Chevy once, and the customer didn't like them. It was hard to see when it's sunny. I would think twice about getting them. I would stick with digital analogue looking gauges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I believe that was a common complaint with the red illuminated digital gauges. I installed a Dakota Digital red display unit in a '66 GMC for a customer. The daytime visibility was not good. A couple years later I removed the digital and changed it to Autometer gauges for the guy. Dakota Digital discourages customers from ordering the red display. The blue or teal display colors provide better daytime visibility.
Thanks for the input guys. That is diffenately something to consider. Maybe since the display is hard to see in bright light maybe I won't know I'm going 140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BowTieBoy View Post
Hey Alan,
The gauges look real good and so does the new kitchen counter. But 140 MPH...? I don't think my old heart could handle that in a C10. The Ford Blue really caught my eye and I too envisioned a white over blue sitting in my driveway...
F.Y.I. - You will be held responsible if I show-up at a ralley and there's a fleet of them to meet me...
Thanks Danny, 140 would be a white knuckle ride. Be the first to show up at the ralley then everyone else will be followers. Or document it here on the forum then you have proof of origination.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote