View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:57 AM   #14
Grumpy old man

Re: Windshield Stainless

Yeah , How about that !

I've polished more stainless than I ever want to remember and holding onto it all the while having it heat up and twist in your hand can be a real pain and cause more work from damage , I just got tired of wrestling with all of it so I thought since it's being held in place and frees up both hands and I planned on removing all the stainless anyway May as well give it a shot and it works better than I could have dreamed . I just touch up the joints before reassembly and it's done . I'm a big chrome / polished stainless guy and this saved me a ton of time . You would be surprised how much easier a windshield drops in if you assemble the gasket /glass and trim ,tape it all in place and let it sit in a warm place for a week before dropping it all into your truck. I've learned some pretty good time saving tips over the years from from some very good restoration guys but this one is mine .

Also NEVER,NEVER,NEVER use steel wool on your truck ALWAYS use BRONZE wool once you try it you'll never buy steel wool again .

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Homax-Fi...FVBuwQodkZsB7g

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 07-06-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote