View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #112
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

Definitely didn't get to spend a lot of time on it as planned.
But got a few things done:

1) Filled in the fuel filler hole on the cab. Used a pre-cut/bent metal insert from Flebay ($20 shipped) so it was worth it. The bends in the cab make that fill panel time consuming.
Untitled by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

2) Repurposed my neighbor's old deck wood and made a cab dolly that rolls the cab to its back. I only did this because it was free, lol. It simply utilitzes the 4 cab mounting locations and is made to roll easily to its back, where two 2x10's spread the weight out as it lays on its back. I've seen some really cool metal ones with bent tubing and pretty welds but those look nicer than my truck lol. This will do for me.

I was originally planning to sandblast the living daylights out of the entire cab, but now as I ponder more and consider that the panels look pretty straight as is, it may be better for me to sandblast the rust prone areas then sand/prep the rest of the truck with a filler/primer just to make sure I have all the dings/waves/etc out. Maybe once I start blasting I'll want to go deeper, not sure yet. For now......it's probably best for me to start by just replacing the 4 cab supports since they are trashed.

Last edited by ChuckLee; 07-08-2017 at 06:16 PM.
ChuckLee is offline   Reply With Quote