View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #125
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

Considering the fact that I have no gap between the door cup and the inner rocker when shut, I'm farely certain I'll have to adjust my inner rocker somehow before messing with the outer rocker at all. I don't want to put the cart before the horse.
The failure in my method here is very possibly in the fact that i have rotted cab supports that i did NOT replace yet. That said, I'm guessing I messed up on the angle at which I placed my inner rocker/outer floor section in. I didn't angle it downward enough which would have given me more room for the door and outer rocker gap. I purchased replacements long ago only to realize they are not the OEM replacements ones. They are the "cover up the rust ones" that fit over the existing ones and provide zero structural support. Basically, they are a Disney's Frozen Band-Aid fix. So, my plan was to do all this work, then at end I'll either order correct oem replacements and cut out the rot and weld in new pieces, or I'll modify the slip over ones I have to be used in a more structual way. In either case, the cab supports are really hard to remove from the floor without damaging the flatness of the floors. I knew better than to attempt removing them any further.

So for the fix.....on the inner rocker/outer floor section, maybe i can apply a torch to heat it up, then bend it down a half inch? I don't know yet. Feel free anyone to chime in and give me your advice and wisdom. I am your grasshopper.