View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
Andler2008

1984 C30 CC/LB "Daily Dually"

So I bought this 1984 C30 just over a month ago for $900. The 454 was long gone due to a thrown rod and it had some rockers left as well as a size 12 hole in the Driver side floor pan. The SM465 was still in there too, so that was a plus.

Backstory: I had been looking for an older chevy crew cab dually for about 3 years prior to this one and I always missed out on the good deals, or they were just priced well above what I had available, until now. I only happened to be able to get this one because I had been saving cash for a Magnum T56 for my 2003 mustang ls swap. Well, as you can see, I have a dually and no T56 lol

So far, I bought the LS Flywheel, SM465 clutch, LS7 pilot bearing and all of the associated ARP hardware to get it all bolted together. I installed the motor last night and bolted it down to the SM and used Dirty Dingo conversion mounts to use the OEM truck frame mounts.

I'll be installing the PS pump, alternator, intake and manifolds in the next day or two. I ordered 2 rockers from each side, both rear cab corners and the driver side floor pan last night. Once those arrive and my new spot weld cutters come in, I'll be getting the old ones removed and putting the new ones on.
Attached Images

Last edited by Andler2008; 10-10-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Andler2008 is offline   Reply With Quote