View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:01 AM   #17
Andler2008

Re: 1984 C30 CC/LB "Daily Dually"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDooley77 View Post
Any updates?
I got the truck in the shop I started the disassembly process for the bed. There is a ton of scale rust so it's ridiculously messy and time consuming trying to loosen up the hardware. I will say though, nothing is breaking or NEEDS to be cut off. I am going to cut the bed bolts though as they're rusted enough that I can't easily get them off and I can't get the impact inside the frame channel.

I also did decide to cut the tubes off the top of the fuel pump assembly and install -8AN bulkheads in their place to allow me to direct bolt my -8AN fuel line instead of adding a bunch of adapters. Similar to the picture of my mustang fuel hat I made for that LS Swap. It worked well for the mustang so it should work well for the truck, especially since there is a ton more space in the tank. I have a long term plan of twin turbos, so -8AN feed and return will be plenty for my plans, and I'll only have to plumb fuel lines once.

My craftsman 60gal oil less compressor threw another rod. So it's out of commission and I've been using a backup 5 gal compressor. It's so painful waiting for it to pressurize after every single bolt lol A new compressor is in the books very soon.
Attached Images