View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #25
Marshy

Re: Toggle switch for electric fuel pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
First...Hi there! First post here. Checking out some possible answers for a friends '71 problems and being a Dodge kinda guy thought I'd search this site. My buddy acquired this truck not to long ago and is now getting it road worthy. It's had some previous things done to it like a swapped engine etc. Couple days ago he had the problem of driving thirty miles, went into store, no start. Borrowed an electric fuel pump and installed it in-line and got home. Today I noticed that it had no hoses from the charcoal cannister....hummmm. Thanks for all the info in this thread. Pondering what to suggest to him.
By the way my 87 Dodge sits for long periods of time and solved the "crank til it's dead" fuel problem by just installing one of these valves (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1915585...&ul_noapp=true) in-line close after the fuel pump. No more slow drainage of the fuel.
Once again thanks for the info.
Welcome! Sounds like the emissions have been removed from your buddies truck. No big deal, lots of people have removed their evap canisters and other smog junk from their trucks without any issues. Its not likely the cause of your friends issue. Sounds like you already figured out it needs a fuel pump...
Edelbrock: Performer Intake 2116, 1405 Carb
Long tube headers, 2.5" duals to Flow Master Super 40's
Vortec Engine Build
Marshy is offline   Reply With Quote