View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #177
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Well here are more pictures of the air bag debacle. There is no doubt they have been rubbing the spring pockets. First photos. I will fab up some cups for them and see how it goes. I can only guess that the upper plates were cut and recessed and the lower cups were omitted in order to get the truck to sit lower. I don't know if that makes sense or not.
While looking into this problem I see the PO had trouble with the brake line to the passenger side where the hard line connects to the flex line. The fitting is completely rounded and the tubing is twisted and the flex line fitting isn't lined up in the tab so the u-clip can't be installed so the flex line is rubbing the control arm. Time to make some new lines. I had hoped to wait until the motor came out to do the brake lines. Thanks for the encouraging words 3drburb.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote