View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #67
TXBoudy

Re: '72 Project Deplorable

I put the project in reverse the past few weeks. Since the chassis had nothing more than the cab left on it I went ahead and removed the cab to paint the chassis. So 2 coats of POR 15 and she's ready for reassembly, NOT. Once I started removing the fuel system I decided it sucked so I ordered a Aeromotive Phantom 340 which then required an adapter plate from Boyd's Welding to fit my tank. You can see below the mounting arrangement I found so I ordered Boyd's mounting kit as well. Parts are due to start arriving today so I can get it all installed hopefully this weekend. I'm going with aluminum hard-line in the frame rail to a bulkhead up front that changes to braided line to the carb. Speaking of carbs, the Demon 1905 is now mothballed as I'm also waiting on one of Holley's new Sniper EFI carbs. An finally, all the fuel lines will be run inside of fire sleeve to prevent possible fuel issues due to heat. Most likely overkill but I surely don't want to lay under there to add it later. (Note to Santa: Can I have a lift please?) But anyway, I should have pictures of the new fuel system installation by the end of the weekend. Notice how I'm putting this deadline on myself...
Attached Images

Project "Deplorable"

Door Panel Build
TXBoudy is offline   Reply With Quote