View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #114
1966chevy

Re: 1966 chevy truck engine swap to LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls60apache View Post
thanks for responding back! is the cowl sealed to keep water out of the wiper linkage area,or did u redirect drainage around the speakers in the stock location!! thanks again

The cowl seal is meant to keep water out of the engine bay. It directs water to the outside areas. If you keep you cowl/vents, Water can still get to the speaker area to drain/drip out of the bottom but I sealed it off to the interior. Factory drainage holes are there. If they get clogged with leave thats the reason this area rusts out. I didn't like that leaves would get blown into my vehicle during the summer months because the vents were open to get fresh air. It would be the only way I could get them out as well.
I didn't need the cowl vent any longer because the only reason its there is to allow fresh air to get directed into the interiors air vents. I now don't get leaves blowing in. When I want fresh air I put the windows down, When I want AC windows are up and I get fresh AC blowing!! Convert to AC its well worth it!
Keep it clean......
1966chevy is offline   Reply With Quote