View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #8
Krispykreme64

Re: Pics and advice needed for the best wheel offset to clear on a bagged C10

The mistake I made when doing all of my measuring for the wheels the first time was measuring everything with the original drum brakes (did not think the brake conversion would widen the stance) also did this because the bed was fixing to be taken off so i did the measuring while the bed was still on.

I've already put the truck on air ride (in the picture posted up top) just didn't do much cutting to the frame and body (just a small C Notch in the rear) so the truck does NOT lay down to the ground.
What I'm wanting to do is start over and make the truck lay down all the way to the ground, front and rear.

THE FRONT
My problem right now is that my stance on the truck is wide. The front wheels are good FOR NOW but do not think they'll clear the fenders if I decide to cup the lower control arms, cut the front fenders, and make the cross member touch the ground... If they do clear i'd be surprised.

THE REAR
The rear is real wide, if i lay the truck down as is (making the rear diff. touch the bed) the outside of the rear tire touches the inside of the rear quarter panel and rubs on the center bolt that's holding the top of the wheel tub in place. I have plenty of room to spare from the inside of the tire to the inside tub. It will go all the way down just can't go too low while driving because it starts tearing up the side wall of the tire on that bolt.

My main concern would be if i need to go with a skinnier offset, what offset should i go with (whats the offset everyone goes with for the best fit) if i decide to lay this puppy down to the ground.....
My guess would be maybe to go 1/2" skinnier offset on the front and maybe a full inch skinnier offset on the rear. But that's just a guess. Just wanting to know what everyone else is doing or if my guess is the right path to take.
Krispykreme64 is offline   Reply With Quote