View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #120
TchncnDen

Re: 70 C/10 from Cali to Illinois

A friend of mine bought the bike below a long time ago from a guy named Dan Bowker. It's a 12' long 427 ford cammer nitro burning beast with a 12" drag slick on the back. When I met Dan he was probably in his sixties and still crazy as hell. He had a twin turbo jet boat, a twin turbo lamborghini kit car and a 40 ford on a tube chasis built by a Nascar company. He told stories of doing exhibition runs on the bike smoking the tire the entire quarter. He put a parachute from a funny car on the back to add to the show. He said the first time he went through the traps at 170 and pulled the chute the bike disappeared from underneath him. After sliding down the track at 170 on his belly he had a chute specially made for the weight of the bike.

I don't know if my buddy still has it but it was kinda neat to be able to just do a search and find pictures of it. I painted the frame and it was one of the hardest things I ever painted, tubes suck! There's no way my friend would have ever ridden it, but I do wonder if he ever put it back together.
Attached Images

TchncnDen is offline   Reply With Quote