View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 01:33 AM   #14
Highcountrybulls

Re: Grumpa’s 72 GMC Denali

Good to see another Fairbanksan on here Cruiser! We’ll have to catch up and compare trucks one of these days. It’s going to be a good while before the truck is back on the road, but hopefully by break-up next year it’ll be ready to go. This year I am focused on the chassis and hopefully next year is the body. It’s fairly straight and very little rust so it should go pretty quick. Thanks for the offer of a hand, I may have to call on you one of these days! I did post the motor and trans on CL and it sold quick, then I think the buyer took what he wanted and relisted the rest of it.

Last weekend I got the L92 and 6L80 cleaned up but found some metal in the engine filter and rocker area so that’s going to need some further investigation, hopefully it is a simple fix. I also pulled the tcm out of the trans so it can get reprogrammed and started to prep the suspension for reassembly. Machine work on the t-case input bore is taking longer than anticipated but there’s plenty of other items to work on but I’m hoping to starting fabricating engine mounts in another couple of weeks.
Attached Images