View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 AM   #457
Bob B.

)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
I finally bought that book and I am real happy with it, but I wish it gave more info, like more details on VIN Decoding.

One reason why I try to buy Factory GMC Manuals, but I keep ending up with Chevy Manuals, lol.

I probably have about 8 of them.

I spent years trying to find a GMC Master Parts Catalog and finally gave up, lol.
I have seen a few Master Parts Catalogs show up on Ebay before, usually they come in light, medium, and heavy duty. However, since (in those days!) the light and medium catalogs were small, dealers would often put them both in the same binder. While parts catalogs are definitely nice to have and useful, the 'holy grail' is the dealer data book. These things are huge (600+ pages), and cover all specifications, options, and pricing for all GMC models. They sometimes even have color pictures of paint and interior trim. One in a great while I have seen the Chevrolet editions, but never the GMC. Dealers would toss them when the new models would come out.