View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
88Stanger

Re: pinion angle help please

Been a few since i last updated this. So I looked at raising the tranny, but it is hitting the trans tunnel. So i went over to a buddies place who has 40+ 1960's through 1970's C10s and picked up a High Hump trans cover. I then traced out the outline and cut out the existing cover. This allowed me to raise the tranny up so i can have just under .5 down angle. This is an increase of 2" over the existing mount! I then installed .5 angle spacers in the rearend and got the rearend to .5 down which if i am not mistaken is not what i want. I want about a .5 degree up angle on the rear so that is in the same plane as the tranny. I will remove the .5 and install the 3/16" spacer. With this all said, the driveline is about .5" away from the top of the driveline hole in the crossmember that holds the trailing arms. This makes me nervous. I also have 2" lowering blocks and think that maybe that is to much and that i should try 1" blocks with the 3/16" angle spacers.
So overall i currently have .5 degree down angle (down to the tranny) on the rearend / pinnon, 5 degree angle on the driveshaft (from the tranny it is 5 degrees down to the pinnion) and the tranny is at .5 degree down (towards the pinnon). So with a few alterations (remove the 2" lower blocks on the rearend and installing 1" instead) & (replace the .5 angle spacers with 3/16") this should then get me to a .5 degree up angle to the tranny and then maybe reduce the height of the tranny spacer from 2" to 1.75". This will increase the amount of Down angle i will have at the tranny by maybe .5 degree, ending with a tranny down angle of 1 degree to the rearand. This should all get the driveline angle from currently 5 degrees to 4 or less degrees.
Comments?

Thanks,
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote