View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #32
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieferson View Post
Yeah they look good, like they belong there thanks! definitely look better without the headrests IMO
Yea, no doubt the headrests are better in an accident situation, but I did my own little risk assessment. When I am in the K5, its not very often, and I have lap belts, no air bags, and alot of steel, didnt see the headrests as a huge advantage. like when I choose to ride a motorcycle, there are inherent risks that I accept. If I am going on a trip or in crap weather, I will take the modern tahoe with side curtain airbags etc... high back seats ruin the look of these 1st gens IMHO, and I am OK with the tradeoffs of low back seats!

I am also not afraid to admit after all was said and done I am in my rear seat like $800 for the recover and foam repair, so these seats are a real bargain compared to refurbishing older seats if OEM isnt as critical. If I owned a set of standard buckets, it may have been a harder choice, but these recline, fit great and were sub $300 each if I recall correctly...

A couple simple pieces of flat bar and I was able to adapt them to the stock seat brackets pretty painlessly.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote