View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
SilverMachine

My Engine Dilemma..need honest answers

So here we go, basically i had my 2 year old 350 crate machined and bored 30 over, new pistons (went with flat tops to keep compression around 9:5:1 for my daily) new crank new everything. New Edelbrock E-Street aluminum heads (185cc intake 64cc chamber) New cam - howards max torque cam: 275 adv duration, 223@50, .501 lift (with new 1.6 roller rockers) 62 seat overlap 108 LSA and 104 ICL. new 2200 stall converter, 3.73 gears w/positraction, 275/45/20 tire. Hedman headers. So basically this feels no better than my stock goodwrench 350....my mechanic cannot get the timing perfect (how he likes it) so the idle is a tad higher than i would like, and the engine is very tight (as expected i guess for a 3 day old engine, when we had the timing like my mechanic likes the engine wouldnt crank back up). when driving down low is a little better than my stock goodwrench but mid range power is nowhere to be seen. when i let off the gas and start to decelerate i actually start go go faster (a little push faster than giving more gas in midrange..makes no sense) so everybody i have talked to have told me that 1, i need to let the engine break in (still i was expecting a difference from the start) and 2, that my carb is too small (what i think the problem is) i have an edelcrock 1406 600cfm carb. the engine does feel like its needing more gas and it will clunk and it feels like its dropping almost when i give it decent gas. full throttling from stop will not even spin the tires....( i didnt want to WOT but felt it was necessary for a test)

do you think changing the carb will have that much of an effect? Thank you.
SilverMachine is offline   Reply With Quote