View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 07:48 AM   #157
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972CST View Post
Great progress and attention to detail is second to none!

I noticed you used aftermarket doors on your build, do you mind sharing what brand or where you purchased them and how the fitment turned out?

I am battling between reworking my rusted out original doors and sourcing replacement doors.

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work, its definitely motivation for me!
Thanks man!

I struggled with that too. I did my research and went to the GM website and found that they have authorized repop vendors, and AMD is one of those. They are down in Buford GA, so on a trip to Atlanta last summer, I stopped by and picked them up. Now, I bought them from Classic Muscle Metal in Cleveland GA - they are an authorized AMD installation shop, so they passed on a discount to me - but I picked them up direct at AMDs warehouse. In boxes, 2 fit easily under the tonneau of my F250.

Be careful if you do that. AMD has EVERYTHING you'd every want and you can easily empty your bank account there!

On to fitment. I'd say they fit very well, and my body guy had no significant complaints. That said, they are hung, swing well, have better gaps than when the Blazer was new, but I haven't put the windows and hardware back on yet.

Unless you can do rust repair and sheet metal work on your own, or you are going for 100% original, you'll spend more in repairs than going with AMD repops.

My 2 cents.
UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote