View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #111
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Would you trade your glamour truck for a brand new Chevy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
A funny thing happened yesterday, I saw a brand new 4 wheel drive Chevy that was almost taller than me with a stock suspension. It was orange like my 68 two wheel drive and I was just looking at it. A salesman came up and started trying to sell it to me. I told him that I built the Chevy I was driving expressly to NOT have computers, thin metal and simulated chrome etc.. I wanted a simple, dependable, easy to work on, all metal truck. (I should have taken a photo side by side because wow have trucks changed as you all know) but I realized at that moment that I would not even trade straight across much less pay 50-60K for a truck. It seems unreasonable but I wouldn't. I built my Chevy to drive and I drive it. And they are hard to find this day in age. Now maybe if I was rich then I would have both but....would you trade yours for a brand new version?
Sure I'd trade my 72 rust loving C20 for a new Chevy, though I'd rather have a Toyota. No I wouldn't trade my C10 for a Chevy, Toyota or anything else with a bed.

I can't stand new vehicles. All the (*^(^ gadgets. As if I can't open/close a trunk or window on my own. Less maybe a woman behind me standing in a bikini, I sure don't need a back-up camera. Side cameras, this indicator and that. At the end of the day these things dumb people down as we become more lazy.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote