View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #377
AJCK87

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Got out to the shop this past Saturday. Working down a long to do list to get this beast running.

Got more fabricating done in the cab area. First cut out the hole in the trans cover for the t-case shifter. I will now have to make a custom boot and plate to hold the boot. Drilled and installed rivnuts for the upper trans cover piece, I want to keep the access open to the back of the block and transmission. I also installed three out of four speaker. I cut out the holes with the plasma cutter, awesome time saver!!! Drilled out some holes and installed some rivnuts, love those too. I also cut some holes in the dash for switches, aux ports and so on. I have shorted the list of fab work for the cab and will be looking to get the insulation in soon. The plan is to go with Lizard skin sound and heat deadner. Ran out of time in the shop so I didn’t get photos of everything. Pretty happy how the speaker installs turned out. I also got to try out the stereo! Sounds awesome. Thanks for tuning in, more to come.

Cheers,

Anthony
Attached Images

AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote