View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #100
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Well, finally got some u-bolts and trailing arm bolts, and I got it mocked up for the most part.

I'll try to get pics tonight, but I ran into a few issues with it.

1.) I have to lower the trailing arm crossmember. The trailing arms hit the stock floor pan (or at least what's left of it) with the crossmember level with the subframe connectors. So, that means I'll have to drop the crossmember to below the connectors. I'll also have to tunnel the trailing arm travel zone - if you will.

2.) My u-bolts were simply ordered from the parts store, and they're realllly long. But, this means I'll be able to use lowering blocks if I want to drop the back end down an inch or three. It also means I'll have to use like...two washers to get the axle bolted tight to the trailing arms, since the threads are a bit short. But, nothing I'd too worried about.

3.) If any of you are on Inliners, you know about the 292 Dyno Day. If not, a member in Iowa is dynoing different combos on a 292 (heads, valves, lumps, cams, intake and exhaust). Projected outcome is around 300 hp, if not more, depending on which combos. So, I'll be basing my engine combo on the outcome of this testing. Allowing me to have a 300+ hp 6er. I'm really excited about it.

And thats about it. Aside from getting the suspension together, I haven't done much. School and life get in the way, haha.

Hopefully I'll have pics tonight, and maybe I'll even get the transmission mocked up to use the driveshaft as an indicator of where the rear end should be. So, there's a bit of an update.

I'll keep you all posted.

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote