Thread: 55.2-59 Ol' Blue
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #1
8man

Ol' Blue

Well, I pulled the trigger on the 1957 Chevy. It was a 12-hour day to go get it and take it to my dad's place for storage until I can get the 54 done to a point where I can sell it and maybe get some money back from it.

So here goes, we were looking at colors last night and I think we are going blue, a dark blue with some flakes. That's why the thread is Ol' Blue.

Here are some pictures of what i have so far. He has redone the side steps, the upper floor pans and some other cab parts. He hadn't finished the cab when he stopped work on this truck to work on another car, more on that later.

This is the cab on the 79 frame;
IMG_1348 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

This is the dash and the dual electric fan;
IMG_1349 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The cab from the other side and a shot of the trailer. I brought that trailer so I could put some stuff on it with the truck. The inside of the trailer is 76" and the outside of the tires on the 79 frame is 77". Thankfully the seller had a John Deere tractor with a front loader and was able to push the truck up on the trailer.
IMG_1350 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The new body parts are from LMC, like the hood, bedsides and all four fenders. The white truck is my brother's long bed Dodge that was loaded full of the boxes of parts.
IMG_1351 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The windshield and other sheet metal parts in boxes on my brothers little trailer.
IMG_1352 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The doors were in pretty good shape, but I had no idea how heavy they are.
IMG_1354 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The carpet is in the box on the left in the picture, the radiator and radiator bracket are original and had been used with a Chevy 305 when he brought it home. He saved all the brake and fuel lines and gave them to me as well. I won't be using the 79 frame, but they might come in handy when bending lines in the future. The doors and this loose stuff was in my truck.
IMG_1355 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Fan shroud, back window and a box of small parts like emblems and the like.
IMG_1356 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

There were new bed steps and brackets, new bed sides, tailgate, front panel, red oak flooring and stainless bed strips to name some of the stuff he had already purchased for this truck.

The seller is actually in the business of rebuilding old cars and trucks. He bought all of this to build and sell the truck but found a Corvette to do and spent the money doing it so the truck was for sale.

Tuesday the 8/1 I go pick up the 57 frame. I plan to do the Mustang front end, but still looking at ideas for the best ride for the back end.

It will be some time before I post on this again, as I need to get on the 54 and turn it into something, but Ol' Blue is coming......
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote