View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
LUCKIN-FOU
I'M NOT SCARED I HAVE A PLASMA

Re: Bolt in steering rack

I really like the bolt in I got from Scotts' here is some info on it.

1.The cross member is made out of 2x4 structure steel and is made out 3/16 wall thickness. That is 100% TIG welded
2.Upper and Lower A-arm mounting points are made out of 1 1/8 solid bar stock, not tubing.
cross tubes that are 8 inches long and slide thru the cross member and sticks out 2 inches per side on the cross member. There haves never been a problem with this set up and is 100% bullet proof
3. Upper and lower a-arms are made out of 1 1/8 round 1/4 wall DOM tubing. For customers who polished S.S we make them out of 1 1/8 solid 304 S.S
4. The rod ends that secure the a-arms are made out of 304 S.S that are CNC machined in house not china. These have been tested to with stand
180,000 pounds of pressure.
5. All of our mounting hardware as in the bolts are grade 8 bolt and have never failed over the years.
6. Spindles are forged steel spindle we use and we have these either in a stock or dropped spindle
7. Brake calipers are off of a 82-89 Chevy s-10
8. The rotors are a Lincoln Granada off a 77-78
9. The power racks are a 88 Ford Thunderbird
10. Bags are from slam bags
11. If you want a coil-over instead of a bag we use a Alden coil-over
12. The complete frontend is 100 tig welded not mig welded.
Starting price is $2895.00 retail and this is a 100% complete from hub to hub. If you price it out with our other companies who make a bolt in ifs for the c-10 truck we are a almost $700.00 cheaper for a complete bolt on package.
13. The outer tie rod end we use a tie rod end not a hime joint.
14. Keep in mind this frontend is 100% bolt in IFS no welding at all and this is also with our airbag set up as well. No need to notch the frame at all.
garageinsidertv.com [FORUM]

WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T FISH. I GUESS I'M SCREWED BECAUSED I HATE FISHING.
LUCKIN-FOU is offline   Reply With Quote