View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

Lots of progress. Fuel system is done...but I need to secure a few things a little better. I spent extra coin and time trying to incorporate some of the 1/2" fuel hard lines and -8 AN s.s. hoses. After getting it all done with various adapters, and finding 3 leaks (at low pressure)... I decided to pull it all, and run a new -6 AN s.s. flex hose to replace it.
Harness got rearranged. I decided to run all the fuses, relays, ecm/tcm to the passenger fender. Have all sensors hooked up except O2 and MAF...should complete that tomorrow.
Bought an inexpensive (well, compared to the others) cold air intake kit for the '99-'07 trucks, plus a 22* 4" tube and extra coupler to work up something to fit... now I'm running that to the drivers side!

Got some rewiring to do, a couple of terminations.....then I can't think of one good reason not to hit the key! Since I have a GoPro now...I suppose I'll set it up to record the event. I'm actually kind of anxious to hear it now...vs w/carb and MSD timing it. get rid of or exaggerate the lope?

I know...............pics.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken

Last edited by 68GMCCustom; 04-11-2012 at 11:12 PM.
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote