View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
Mrbret

Re: found this one my 12 bolt rear end what does it mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
It might be time to slow down and back up a bit -

a) If you want to know about the frame then why are you posting zoomed in pictures of the rear axle?

a - 1) If it is to use the axle to help identify the frame: How do you know the axle is original to the frame?
a-2) What numbers did you use to decide it's a 3.07 axle (not the casting numbers shown, for sure).
a-3) If it does check out as a 3.07: how do you know that's what is still in there? A lot of gear sets get changed in forty or fifty years

b) What kind of vehicle are we talking? A body swap?

c) K-5, like a Blazer? Is there a VIN stamped somewhere on the frame?

d) Perhaps some pictures of the frame, and the vehicle, would help.

K
Hello Keith,

I read you thread earlier today it was impressive. Lets start this from the beginning, my dad has owned the truck since he was a jr. in Highschool so since the late 70's. He purchased the truck already complete.... The guy that sold it to him claimed it was a k5 chassis setting on the 3100 body. Last week my dad said he even got a K5 emblem with it he just never put it on. The last time the truck was driven was 1995 because that is what the registration said inside the glove compartment. My dad gave me the truck 14 years ago and it just sat. My wife and I purchased a house about a year ago. According to my wife as long as I do all my projects i can bring the truck over and start working on. Finished all the b.s. she wanted me to do. I cleared the garage so i can put the truck in it and start working on it. That was about two months ago... My father-in-law and I got the motor turned over last month. She fired up perfectly fine, that 292 is a good sounding motor. We decided it was smart to start with a new wire harness since all the wires in the truck were a mess. I got the harness in last week and i was cleaning all the webs off and run into the axle and took the photo of it. I was looking over the frame from under the truck and it isn't cut or welded so I have no clue what frame is on the body. I have tried looking for the vin numbers on the frame but no luck. i have all the vin stuff for the 3100. Here and the photos.
Attached Images

Mrbret is offline   Reply With Quote