View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #18
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Ideas for Kill switch/anti-theft?

Here's an idea....use something like a Line-Loc to set the front brakes (disc would be the plan), but have a keyed switch do the deed. Remove the key and it wouldn't roll even if it was running. Now, I don't have any experience with a Line-Loc, but said this because some fork lifts use a similar parking brake.

A switch that interrupts the path for power to the coil, or an HEI...that is hidden, PLUS the battery disconnect, would be pretty easy and a good deterrant.

Remember, locks just keep the honest people....honest. A thief can and will take anything he/she wants badly enough.

A couple of guys broke into my daughters' storage barn, stole a bunch of stuff and my son-in-law did the investigation and location of their stuff. He even told the sheriff's office when they were at home. Monday, they were in court. One of them is headed back to prison in AZ, while the younger one is going to drug court. If my son-in-law hadn't done all the leg work, nothing would have ever happened. I'm not dissing law enforcement, but it seems that some folks stuff doesn't get any priority. Yeah, I also have a son-in-law who is a cop. Good one, too. Not the same one who got robbed.

Do your homework and get it as right as possible. Hopefully, it will be something that you never have to count on but glad to have if you do.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote